CamBuff is a tiny gadget that lets you use an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch as a wireless remote for your DSLR. It has some pretty cool features which make it different from other DSLR remotes in the market :
- Easy to use – just plug the device into camera and run the app.
- Runs up-to 16 hours on full battery charge
- 30m-50m wireless range from iOS device.
- Slick – Snappy UI for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Standalone Intervalometer/Time-lapse/Bulb mode photography.
CamBuff’s companion iOS app has some pretty cool features that we love as photographers.
- Control settings of your camera like Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, White Balance, etc.
- Programmed photography modes which allow you to setup TimeLapse/Bulb mode shots in a jiffy.
- Standalone operation – You can walk away after setting up a TimeLapse.
- Appropriately placed controls so that you never miss a shot.
CamBuff Enclosure v1 (first iteration):
CamBuff supports most DSLRs from Nikon and Canon launched after 2002. More specifically, the following models are known to work with CamBuff :
Canon DSLRs :
- EOS-1D Mark III
- EOS-1D Mark IV
- EOS 5D Mark II
- EOS 5D Mark III
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D
- EOS 30D
- EOS 40D
- EOS 60D
- EOS 300D/Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital
- EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT/Kiss Digital N
- EOS 400D/Digital Rebel XTi/Kiss Digital X
- EOS 450D/Rebel XSi/Kiss X2
- EOS 500D/Rebel T1i/Kiss X3
- EOS 550D/Rebel T2i/Kiss X4
- EOS 600D/Rebel T3i/Kiss X5
- EOS 1000D/Rebel XS/Kiss F
- EOS 1100D/Rebel T3/Kiss X50
Nikon DSLRs :
- Nikon D2X
- Nikon D40
- Nikon D60
- Nikon D70
- Nikon D90
- Nikon D300
- Nikon D300S
- Nikon D700
- Nikon D5000
- Nikon D5100
- Nikon D7000
CamBuff is currently back in development mode after a brief stint at an Indiegogo campaign. We are in the process of making the device more compact and adding Android support.